Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Sunflower Challenge



Sunflowers are a relatively easy plant to grow.  They usually take about
7 to 10 days to germinate from seed and  80 to 120 days to bloom.  The blooms usually stay last a long time and when they cease to bloom they are great for birds and squirrels to munch on.  I took a sunflower challenge with a few youtube friends and displayed beautiful flowers.  The fun thing about the challenge is that there are so many variety of sunflowers and different sizes. So you can decide to    grow sunflowers that have the traditional look, fuzzy flowers like teddy bear or sunflowers with a variety of colors.  I decided to purchase a mix of sunflowers so I could enter the best looking one in the contest.  But, this summer I want to grow something really tall so I might grow mammoth sunflower.





No comments: