Monday, April 23, 2018

Rooting A Schefflera




 Recently, a neighbor  gave me a umbrella tree and told me it was too big for her home.  Naturally, since I am the plant whisper I took it.  My family gave me a strange look since the umbrella tree did not stand upright, and it had a rather clumsy look.  It was no big deal to me since I didn't mind the challenge.

I got a few stakes and some twine and tied up the umbrella tree so that it had a more suitable look.  But there were so many wild branches so I figured it needed a trim.  It is not a good idea to throw away a viable  pieces of a plant.  So I decided to try and root the small piece.  I had to search the internet to find out how to root a umbrella tree.  I was positive that it could be done, I just didn't know how. 

To root a umbrella tree it is as simple a placing a thick healthy stem in water.  The only difficult part is waiting approximately 4 months for it to have a healthy  root system to plant.  Please watch the video below where I demonstrate how I rooted my umbrella tree.  I frequently, do plant tutorials so please subscribe to my channel Brandy's Botany Bay




No comments: